Your Home Transformation Starts Here!
Your Exterior Painting To-Do List & Action Plan!
We Are Here To Help You Every Step Of the Way. Please call or email us if you have any questions!
Please Be Prepared For Our Exterior Painters Arrival By Doing The Following Things:
EXTERIOR HOUSE PAINTING TO DO LIST
Color Selection - In order to best serve your needs, please answer the question! ~~>> Color Selection Questionnaire.
Take note of any special concerns you may have about your project and be sure to tell the painters
1. Select final paint colors at least 3-5 days prior to the start of the project! If you plan to color match your existing colors, please let us know that via email!
2. Select finish for the body: Flat or Satin (we use satin and semi-gloss for doors & trim and flat for ceilings)
3. Remove small accessories, decorations, and remove the patio furniture and grills away from the house.
4. Cutaway any landscaping (bushes, trees, branches, & grass) that are growing up against the side of the house.
5. Make sure to weed-eat along the edges of your home and have all foliage cut back 1-2 feet from the house.
- If we have to trim back bushes, shrubs, & weed-eat along the edges of your home this could result in an extra cost.
6. Make sure when painters arrive, there is access to water and power.
7. Let our crew leads know which areas of the home would be best to set up shop and have a staging area for tools and equipment.
OUR EXTERIOR PAINT PREPARATION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
Our Avg Exterior Painting Job Takes Roughly 4-6 Days. (under 3000 sq. ft.)
Step #1 - Pressure Washing
Your home’s exterior will be power washed or hand washed to remove dirt and mildew. Pressure Washing is a critical step in the painting process. This helps create clean surfaces for the new paint to adhere to properly.
Step # 2 - Prep & Repairs
Any loose paint is scraped, glossy areas are scuff-sanded and any gaps are caulked to prevent water intrusion. We cover up and protect all none painted surfaces such as plants, shrubs, windows, and lights with plastic and tape. Our staff has the skills to address your carpentry repairs, wood, siding, and stucco repairs!
Step #3 - Start Applying Paint
After the preparation process areas are primed as necessary, premium-quality paint is applied to create a uniform finish.
Step # 4 - Clean Up
At the end of each day, the painting crew cleans up around your home, ensuring any paint chips are removed and all materials are stored neatly away.
Step # 5 - Inspect
After we are completed, your job crew leader will walk you through the project, giving you the opportunity to review our work and to provide any initial feedback. We will address any of your concerns.