Affordable Exterior Painters Jacksonville FL
Have you ever been mowing your lawn or trimming the bushes by your front door and noticed paint flakes scattered on the ground? It can be very annoying to have trouble-spots in your siding that just don't seem to hang onto exterior paint, no matter what.
So, what causes exterior paint failure? And can you do anything to preserve your paint? Our painting service in Jacksonville FL can help with your painting falling issues.
Why Is My Paint Falling Off?
Unfortunately, there are a number of factors actively working against the paint on your home. Here are just a few of them:
- The sun- Ultraviolet rays fade and eventually break down the paint film, causing chalking.
- Temperature- Specifically, fluctuating temperature can cause a lot of damage. The wood expands and contracts, breaking down the bonds between paint and wood.
- Poor paint application- If too few coats of paint are used (the painting process was rushed), the breakdown occurs more quickly.
- Poor paint preparation- If the surface was never prepared before the paint was applied it can compromise its quality and longevity.
- Using poor quality paint- It is really worth it to invest in quality paint. The binding agents and pigments are stronger.
What Can You Do to Protect Your Paint?
Once your exterior paint is applied, there aren't many options for fixing it aside from repainting. The best thing you can do to make your paint last is to be sure that it is put on well: prepare the surface, apply multiple coats, and make the extra investment in quality paint.
Could You Use Professional Painting Help?
Another great way to make educated decisions in regard to your interior and exterior painting needs is to contact a reputable painting company near you. We at A New Leaf Painting would love to help you with your next project! Please call or email us with any questions you might have or for more information about our services.
Our Painters Jacksonville FL are committed to excellence and professionalism in every aspect of your painting project! Serving the Jacksonville, St. Johns County, Ponte Vedra, Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, Atlantic Beach, and Orange Park, Fleming Island, St Augustine, and Surrounding communities.